A survey collects information from or about people to describe, compare, or explain their knowledge, attitudes, and behaviour. Contrary to a census, a survey usually collects data from a representative sample, from which researchers generalize about the whole population.
• Setting objectives for information collection
• Designing the study
Selecting the appropriate evaluation design
• Mixed-methods designs
• Attribution, contribution and the importance of the counterfactual
• Equity-focused evaluation at the policy level
• Equity-focused evaluation at the project and programme levels
• Feasibility analysis
• What is a survey?
• Types of surveys
Why and when is a survey used?
• When and how should a survey be used?
• Pre-conditions of the survey for its use in evaluation?
• Role of the survey in evaluation?
• Why use a survey in evaluations?
Administrating the survey/How is a survey carried out?
• Preparing a reliable and valid survey instrument
• Questionnaire development and design
• Questionnaire Design softwares.
• How are desk-based survey techniques carried out?
• Sampling strategies
• Sample size determination
• How are samples designed?
• Conducting pilot survey
• Implementing the survey
• How are the findings analysed and treated?
• Managing and analyzing survey data
• Report writing and presentation of the results
Controlling the quality of the survey
• Different stages of quality control?
• Key issues to control?
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English. Applicants must live up to Indepth Research Services (IRES) admission criteria.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with an Indepth Research Services (IRES) certificate.
The training is residential and will be held at IRES Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments, lunch, and study visits.
All participants will additionally cater for their, travel expenses, visa application, insurance, and other personal expenses.
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B. 7th August 2017
Send proof of payment to email@example.com
Payment for the all courses includes a registration fee, which is non-refundable, and equals 15% of the total sum of the course fee.
1. Participants may cancel attendance 14 days or more prior to the training commencement date.
2. No refunds will be made 14 days or less to the training commencement date. However, participants who are unable to attend may opt to attend a similar training at a later date, or send a substitute participant provided the participation criteria have been met.
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event End Date||16-08-2017|
|Cut off date||07-08-2017|
|Individual Price (Kenyan)||KES 39,938.00|
|Individual Price (International)||EUR 409.00|
|Individual Price (International)||USD 444.00|
|Group Size||Kenyan Rate Per day (KES)||International Rate Per day (USD/EURO)|
© Indepth Research Services Ltd 2017